Stunning water in Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.
Vast bright sky in Ico.
How does Ico, a PS2 game fit in? It's also another gorgeous game filled with the pretty pictures of nature just like Uncharted. Its loose prequel, Shadow of the Colossus was another beauty. Ever since playing these games on the PS2, I had hoped that in this round of robust gaming consoles a next-gen version of Ico would be made. This is still a wish, but Uncharted is the closest ideal.
Ico is totally different from Uncharted --as in, no sailor swearing, explosions, and cathartic violence-- but even with those qualities in Uncharted, the end results are identical: easy controls, very few programming bugs, simple HUD, fitting music, great story, and of course, the eye candy graphics.
Along with duking it out with rogue pirates, I've gotten hooked on Uncharted's sweeping music. Greg Edmonson produced this soundtrack, who wrote the music for Joss Whedon's Firefly which I amusingly happened to discover in tandem to Uncharted. Music flavors are varied in both Uncharted and Firefly, but it's still Edmonson's touch in both mediums.
Uncharted is a gun-toting, jungle and fortress hopping dream come true.


No comments:
Post a Comment